Chief Financial Officer
Founded in 2010, Hispanic Access Foundation (HAF) is a 501(c)(3) national nonprofit organization that connects Latinos with partners and opportunities to improve their lives and create an equitable society. Ultimately, we establish bridges of access that provide a path for the development and rise of Latino leaders and elevates their voices in areas where we are underrepresented. Our core values are trust, dedicated, excellence, service to comunidad and versatility. While Washington, D.C. serves as our headquarters, employees work in a virtual environment.
The Chief Financial Officer is a seasoned nonprofit leader that has experience jump-starting financially driven decisions like implementing a strategic plan, making the most of new technology and coping with significant organization growth and change. This is a part-time position that serves on the senior management team and is responsible for developing and executing business strategies to deliver sustainable growth, reengineering and restructuring businesses to improve efficiency, capability and impact, building high performing teams. This position will also oversee the organization’s HR and IT functions.
Lead, Manage and Accountability
- Leads weekly Level 10 meetings with finance department
- Joins weekly Level 10 Leadership meeting
- Provides the organization with resource support, thought leadership, administrative tools and analysis.
- Establish consistent communications with HAF teams
- Manages finance team
- Financial systems development and implementation
- Cash management and reporting - cash flow planning and forecasts
- Present monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements to executives and board of directors
Budgeting and Reporting
- Strategic planning and sustainability analysis
- Financial planning, reporting and analysis
- Develops a customized budget incorporating unique revenue mix
- Develops processes with appropriate balance of workflow and internal controls
- Project planning and execution - creates program expense and revenue models based on well-supported assumptions
- Compliance with all funder and government reporting requirements
HR & IT
- Employee relations, professional development, establishment of salary guidelines and development of performance appraisal process
- Key performance metrics development
- Oversees vendors/contractors for these functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field
- Proven work experience as a CFO, preferably in a nonprofit organization
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis, risk management and forecasting methods
- Hands-on experience with accounting and financial management software
- Expertise in MS Excel
- Analytical skills
- Ability to explain financial terms in simple language
- Familiarity with the way nonprofit organizations are structured
- Genuine interest in our mission
- Supervisory experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A natural curiosity and a “big picture” mentality
- Strong business acumen and ability to contribute to strategy and operations; use the understanding of key business goals and strategies to deliver on the mission.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
The location of this position is flexible, however, Washington DC metro area is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Hispanic Access Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by law.