CHIEF OF PROGRAMS
Founded in 2010, Hispanic Access Foundation (HAF) is a 501(c)(3) national nonprofit organization that connects Latinos with partners and opportunities to improve their lives and create an equitable society. Ultimately, we establish bridges of access that provide a path for the development and rise of Latino leaders and elevates their voices in areas where we are underrepresented. Our core values are trust, dedication, excellence, service to comunidad and versatility. While Washington, D.C. serves as our headquarters, employees work in a virtual environment.
The Chief of Programs is a full-time, remotely-based position that serves on the senior leadership team and reports to the Integrator. This position is responsible for oversight of all of the organization’s programs including the MANO Project (youth development workforce), Conservation (environmental stewardship and advocacy), and the Hispanic Leadership Network (leadership development for faith-based leaders). The Chief of Programs primary responsibility is ensuring high quality programs, strategy alignment to HAF mission and services implementation. The successful candidate will be a visionary leader and strong communicator – ready to roll up their sleeves and dig into the work at hand – with proven success leading multiple teams and programs. An entrepreneurial spirit, sharp business acumen, and exceptional relationship-building skills will be critical. This individual must bring a passion and appreciation for diverse perspectives, talents, and identities and the ability to work collaboratively and respectfully at all levels, serving as a role model of HAF’s core values.
Lead, Manage and Accountability
- Leads weekly Level 10 meetings with program teams
- Oversees program directors
- Provides the program team with resource support, thought leadership, administrative tools and analysis, motivation and development.
- Establishes consistent communications with teams to ensure cross-communications, leverage thought leadership, solve problems, and support the success of each program.
Strategy / Alignment
- Promotes strategic alignment in all programming and the organization's vision and mission
- Identifies barriers hindering the achievement of operational and programmatic excellence.
- Ensures our programs are meeting the needs of program beneficiaries and their feedback informs our work
- Responsible for program evaluation, quality control data tracking and reporting, and ensuring that data drives our programs
- Ensures that grant and contract deliverables and deadlines are being met by all programs
- Develops processes to ensure consistent delivery of HAF services
- Identify opportunities for new and existing program expansions and/or managing the implementation of the programs,
- Supports fundraising efforts through proposal development
- Oversees the development of specific program strategies and plans, budgets
- Donor partnership engagement and new business development
- Values-based support internally and externally with networks, community, and partners
- Ensures that HAF’s networks experience long term and consistent engagement
- Oversees budget creation and adherence of program to organizational and project budget
- Oversees contractual and reporting requirements
Desired Experiences & Qualifications
- Significant leadership experience with demonstrated success in a senior management role, creating new programs based on philanthropic partnerships, budgeting, program planning and implementation, grant compliance, and contract management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to translate vision, strategy, and outcomes into external messaging and branding.
- Experience building and stewarding relationships with stakeholders including program participants, peer organizations, policymakers, philanthropic partners, and other stakeholders.
- Experience partnering with or working in government (contracts and budgets a plus).
- Proven track record in making difficult, sound and/or timely decisions choices and experience establishing clear decision-making processes and channels.
- Proven management abilities with a record of operational oversight, including overseeing complex budgets and large teams.
- Innovative and forward-thinking; listens for emerging trends from staff and community; able to translate new ideas into action.
- Strengths in team-building and effective delegation; exceptional collaboration and teamwork; ability to motivate others to perform well and accept feedback from others.
- Demonstrated excellence working with and communicating with a wide range of people.
- Experience fundraising and/or writing grants and research proposals.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work-related experience.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- The ability and willingness to work in a virtual/remote environment and travel nationally.
The location of this position is flexible, however, the Washington, DC metro area is preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $90,00-$110,000 annually depending on qualifications and experience. Hispanic Access Foundation offers full-time employees a generous benefits package that includes health, and dental; generous paid vacation plus paid holidays, and a retirement plan with employer match.
HOW TO APPLY
Hispanic Access Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by law.