Founded in 2010, Hispanic Access Foundation is a 501(c)(3) national nonprofit organization that connects Latinos with partners and opportunities to improve their lives and create an equitable society. Ultimately, we establish bridges of access that provide a path for the development and rise of Latino leaders and elevates their voices in areas where we are underrepresented. Our core values are trustworthy, dedicated, service to comunidad, versatile, and excellence. While Washington, D.C. serves as our headquarters, employees work in a virtual environment.
The Development Associate is a full-time position that works closely with our Director of Development to provide non-profit/philanthropic funding research, assistance in pipeline management, funding or partnership opportunity identification, data analysis, grant writing and campaign execution. Other assignments may include assisting HAF managers in other program related areas, such as communications and administration. Opportunities for growth, professional development and performance-based compensation are built into the framework of the position.
- Grant/proposal development and coordinating contributions from other departments and staff
- Gather materials and prepare grant application packets/documents/drafts
- Managing grant reporting deadlines and overseeing final reports
- Research grant opportunities and funding partners
- Develop prospect/opportunity list based on specific criteria
- Use available tools to investigate and investigate data
- Review donor data and create analysis reports
- Manage pipeline in Salesforce
- Create and manage fundraising email and direct mail campaigns
- Help implement new and existing strategies to reach desired targets
- Assist in the execution of annual plan and monthly giving program
- Assist in corporate sponsorship campaign
- Coordinate grant planning meetings with necessary program teams
- Coordinate with finance and program teams to track donations/grants
- Assist in the development of fundraising communications materials
- Assist in tracking the status of submitted grants and solicitations
Desired Experiences & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least one year of fundraising/development experience
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to be extremely effective independently, while also being a highly resourceful team-player
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Extraverted/relational by nature
- Collaborative work style; strong work ethic; mission-driven, results-oriented approach to work
- Creativity and flexibility to undertake new assignments and identify new opportunities
- Professional behavior and demeanor consistent with the organization’s cultural values
- Ability to travel 15% of the time, as needed
- Experience working remotely is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Bilingual – English and Spanish is a plus
While the position is primarily remote and the location of this position is flexible, the Washington, DC metro area is preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $45,00-$55,000 annually depending on qualifications and experience. Hispanic Access Foundation offers full-time employees a generous benefits package that includes health, and dental; generous paid vacation plus paid holidays, and a retirement plan with employer match.
HOW TO APPLY
Hispanic Access Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by law.