DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Founded in 2010, Hispanic Access Foundation (HAF) is a 501(c)(3) national nonprofit organization that connects Latinos with partners and opportunities to improve their lives and create an equitable society. Ultimately, we establish bridges of access that provide a path for the development and rise of Latino leaders and elevates their voices in areas where we are underrepresented. Our core values are trustworthy, dedicated, service to comunidad, versatile, and serves first. While Washington, D.C. serves as our headquarters, employees work in a virtual environment.
The Director of Development is a full-time, remotely-based position. HAF seeks an experienced development professional with a passion for nonprofit excellence.
The Director of Development will lead, create, and execute a fundraising plan that will increase annual revenue to $6 million by 2023. The right candidate will be a seasoned, creative fundraiser with a strong commitment and understanding of the organization’s mission and impact. The ideal candidate will have a history of asking for and closing 6- and 7-figure gifts. The director will be responsible for increasing current and future revenue through a combination of traditional fundraising methods such as major gifts and corporate partnerships. The 2021 annual budget is 3.9M. Ideally, this position will transition into the role of Chief of Development.
- Create and execute a successful fundraising plan in collaboration with team members
- Develop fundraising processes that will be implemented organizationally
- Maintain a streamlined system for donor, foundation, corporate and potential donor records using in-depth understanding of databases, from the conceptual to the tactical.
- Establish a flagship fundraiser, or fundraising campaign, for the organization.
- Establish giving partnerships with the business community.
- Set and reach specific, measurable goals in major gifts, business partnerships, and other events and activities to be established.
- Cultivate individual, foundation and corporate donor relationships
- Make the ask and/or facilitate meetings with President
- Oversee individual, corporate and foundation prospect research
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them
- Arrange meetings and events to connect President and CEO to donors
- Responsible for grant/proposal development and coordinating contributions from other departments and staff
- Responsible for managing grant reporting deadlines and overseeing final reports
Desired Experiences & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- A proven track record of leadership
- A proven track record in major gift fundraising
- A proven track record of creative, dynamic planning and execution
- Powerful written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel and work nights and weekends when necessary
- A desire to tie your salary to your results
- Must embrace the mission of Hispanic Access Foundation.
- Outstanding people management and team leadership skills, with experience recruiting, nurturing, and motivating talent.
- Great attention to detail and follow-through. Sense of ownership; passionate for results.
- Commitment to social change and positive impact in our community
- Embrace a work culture that celebrates creativity and innovation.
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to changing demands while continually delivering high performance.
- Highly skilled at collaborating across various levels of diversity including race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, actual or perceived gender identity, age, or sexual orientation.
- The ability and willingness to work in a virtual/remote environment and travel nationally.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is a plus.
The location of this position is flexible, however, the Washington DC metro area would be a plus. This is a fully remote position.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $100,00-$120,000 annually depending on qualifications and experience. Hispanic Access Foundation offers full-time employees a generous benefits package that includes health, and dental; generous paid vacation plus paid holidays, and a retirement plan with employer match.
HOW TO APPLY
Hispanic Access Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by law.