Hispanic Access Foundation(HAF), a national 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, improves the lives of Hispanics in the United States and promotes civic engagement by educating, motivating and helping them to access trustworthy support systems.
HAF's vision is that Hispanics throughout the U.S. enjoy good physical health, a vibrant natural environment, a quality education, economic success and engagement in their communities with the sum of improving the future of America.
The Hispanic Access Foundation (HAF) is a national non-profit organization that improves the lives of Latinos in the United States and promotes civic engagement by educating, motivating and helping them to access trustworthy support systems.
The Development Manager is a full time position for someone who has 4-6 years of experience in nonprofit fund development. The Development Manager is highly motivated, mission-driven, organized, self-directed, and has extraordinary writing and communications skills. This individual will have a very strong set of resources available to her/him including a technology infrastructure, a strong intern who will assist and require supervision, a set of goals/milestones, a foundation to build upon, and a great story to tell about HAFs impact on people's lives. The Development Manager will be responsible for executing a fundraising plan and timeline.
The Manager will work closely with the President, CEO to grow HAF's fundraising revenue. S/he will be responsible for securing new partnerships, offering support to help expand existing partnerships, and strategic contributions to the overall development of the development department. The Manager will have direct revenue goals in addition to sharing collective responsibility for larger team revenue goals. Areas of focus for this team member include, but are not limited to, corporate, foundations, government and individual giving. Contribute measurably to the team's annual fundraising goal, independently and collaboratively managing a pipeline of prospective new donors.
- Cultivate external relationships with new prospective donors to support the HAF programming
- Support all aspects of the fundraising/sales cycle for departmental pipeline, including research and identification of prospective targets, outreach and strategic cultivation, proposal development, and contract negotiation
- Maintain and grow knowledge in key industry categories through attendance of conferences and professional development events. Ability to effectively utilize such events to network, generate new leads, and solicit interest in HAF
- Work with the Programming team to transition newly on-boarded partners, advance renewal and upsell efforts among existing partners, and contribute meaningfully to activation ideation, conceiving of creative and innovative concepts to meet partnership objectives
- Assist with team administrative responsibilities and general team operations as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Lead generation
- Conduct exploratory and pitch calls/meetings
- Material preparation
- Lead follow-up
- Proposal concept and writing
- Attend local conferences and meetings
- Work w/MarComm – online donor campaigns
- Use Salesforce program for grants and contact management
- Implement HAF fund development strategy, plan and timeline
- Hire a development intern who will assist you as you establish the development dept. and implement a plan of action
- Works closely with HAFs communications team to adjust marketing materials and tools as needed
- Team player, yet able to work independently; takes the initiative, strong work ethic and high integrity
- Experience with grant management software or online contact management tools, preferably Salesforce
- Bachelor's degree required
- Goal driven, meets tight deadlines
- Demonstrated extraordinary writing and interpersonal communications skills
- Highly organized and highly productive
- Takes pride in efficiency and effectiveness
- Has a sense of humor
- Passionate about improving the lives of Latinos and other underserved communities
- Two years of experience directly related to development and fundraising for nonprofits
- Highly adept in technology including online website management tools, social media, and cloud based database
- Fluent English and Spanish written and oral skills helpful but not required
- Excellent communication and intercultural skills
- Maturity and skill to effectively coordinate with community leaders of very diverse backgrounds
- Highly collaborative work style; strong work ethic; mission-driven, results-oriented approach to work
- Creativity and flexibility to undertake new assignments and identify new opportunities
HAF Values and Culture:
HAF has an organizational culture that is based on values of trust, integrity, opportunity/access, strong work ethic, faith, respect, community, innovation, diversity, inclusion, responsibility, and leadership. Importantly, our Board, team, and partners share a mutual passion to close the disparity gap that holds Hispanics back from enjoying health, education, financial freedom and environment. With everything HAF does, we aim to close the gap and provide access. We work to ensure that our interaction with our community is always carried out with excellence – it's what our community deserves.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Position open until filled. Great benefits and competitive salary based on qualifications and experience. HAF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.