MANO Project Program Assistant
Hispanic Access Foundation, a national 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that connects Latinos to partners and opportunities, improving lives and creating an equitable society. HAF’s vision is that all Latinos throughout the U.S. enjoy good physical health, a healthy natural environment, a quality education, economic success and engagement in their communities with the sum improving the future of America.
The Program Assistant is a part-time internship position with the possibility of becoming a full-time position in the future. The selected candidate will work closely with the Workforce Development team, referred to as the MANO Project, supporting effective and efficient implementation of federal internship programs with partners across the country. Responsibilities will include program logistics support, such as intern recruitment, onboarding and communication with program contacts, event planning, supporting recruitment strategy development, data entry, and other administrative support.
The candidate must live and be authorized to work in the United States.
- Supports program planning, recruitment, implementation, and reporting/evaluation
- Coordinates onboarding efforts for program participants, including obtaining completed HR forms, confirming or securing temporary housing, setting up weekly payments, data entry in Salesforce database, and assembling onboarding and time tracking packets
- Coordinates interns’ shirts and name-badge orders
- Preparation and coordination of material distribution for program activities, such as shipping shirts, materials or gear
- Establishes open and consistent communication with program participants
- Communicates with partners to confirm participant timesheet reports and approvals
- Coordinates logistics for intern conferences, such as travel arrangements, catering vendors, equipment/supplies, group dinner reservation
- Researches and communicates with colleges and universities in program areas to enhance recruitment efforts
- Provides MANO team with status updates on program progress, issues, and activities
- Utilizes CRM Salesforce for data entry and updates files with final HR documents
- 3rd or 4th year undergraduate student in a bachelors degree program, or recent grad
- Based in Washington, DC metro area
- Experience working remotely preferred
- Excellent intercultural and interpersonal skills - ability to build relationships with partners and participants of diverse backgrounds
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Highly collaborative work style; strong work ethic; mission-driven, results-oriented approach to work
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred but not required
- Professional behavior and demeanor consistent with the organization’s cultural values
- Ability to be extremely effective independently, while also being a highly resourceful team-player
26 weeks (6 months) with a start date in November/December 2020.
SCHEDULE & COMPENSATION
- Part-time; 3 days a week (8 hours per day)
- $360 weekly stipend ($15/hour for 24 hours per week)
HOW TO APPLY
Hispanic Access Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by law.