Program Associate, MANO Project
Founded in 2010, Hispanic Access Foundation (HAF) is a 501(c)(3) national nonprofit organization that connects Latinos with partners and opportunities to improve their lives and create an equitable society. Ultimately, we establish bridges of access that provide a path for the development and rise of Latino leaders and elevates their voices in areas where we are underrepresented. Our core values are trust, dedicated, excellence, service to comunidad, and versatility. While Washington, D.C. serves as our headquarters, employees work in a virtual environment.
HAF’s MANO Project connects, builds and develops thoughtful Latino leaders who share a passion for serving and strengthening their communities. Currently MANO works with several federal agencies to provide paid professional development and training opportunities for Latino/a college students and graduates. We provide extensive training, mentoring and professional development support to ensure that students have the tools, tips and knowledge to be outstanding contributors, navigate challenges and make the most of their experience. Through site visits, webinars, mentorship connections and links to the HAF network, participants are strongly positioned for success and high impact.
The Program Associate is a full-time position that works closely with our MANO Project team in facilitating and supporting the implementation of our internship programs with multiple partners across the country. Responsibilities will include program logistics support, intern recruitment, intern management, strengthening partner relationships andreporting/program evaluation. Other assignments may include assisting HAF managers in other program related areas, such as communications and administration.
- Assists team with building relationships with federal agencies and community partners
- Maintains strong working relationships with program participants including feedback, advice and mentoring
- Establishes open and consistent communication with partners and supervisors
Quality Control Implementation
- Coordinates all logistics for onboarding, such as collecting HR requirements and confirming housing – assisting Operations team as requested
- Delivers orientation and training webinars to program participants – making sure they’re readily prepared and equipped for new roles
- Provide status updates on program progress, issues, and activities, including timeline and scope of work
- Supports all workforce development and internship programs – including program planning, implementation, and reporting/evaluation
- Manages intern recruitment and selection, such as application review, interviewing candidates, coordinating travel and housing logistics, etc.
- Coordinates logistics for conferences, such as finalizing agendas, travel arrangements, speaker invites, equipment/supplies
- Travels occasionally to events, conferences or onsite events across the U.S.
Data Entry / Documentation
- Utilizes CRM Salesforce to enhance program efficiency and impact, and update files with program progress and documents
- Coordinates and prepares timely and accurate reports for various stakeholders, such as executive staff, interns and partners
- Shares experiences and contribute to HAF’s communications department activities
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience in collaborative environments
- 1-3 years of nonprofit program management or coordination
- Bilingual – English and Spanish
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with interns or young adults from racially and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds is preferred, but not required
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task and troubleshoot in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent intercultural and interpersonal skills - the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, interns, external partners, and consultants of diverse backgrounds
- Collaborative work style; strong work ethic; mission-driven, results-oriented approach to work
- Creativity and flexibility to undertake new assignments and identify new opportunities
- Professional behavior and demeanor consistent with the organization’s cultural values
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Extremely effective independently, while also being a highly resourceful team-player
- Ability to travel (when safe) – 25%
- Demonstrated excellence working with and communicating with a wide range of people
- Ability and willingness to work in a virtual environment
The location of this position is flexible, however, the Washington, DC metro area is preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The annual salary range for this position is $40,00-$50,000 depending on qualifications and experience. HAF offers full-time employees a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision, generous paid vacation, paid holidays, and a retirement plan with employer match.
HOW TO APPLY
Hispanic Access Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by law.