Director of Philanthropy
Founded in 2010, Hispanic Access Foundation (HAF) is a 501(c)(3) national nonprofit organization that connects Latinos with partners and opportunities to improve their lives and create an equitable society. Ultimately, we establish bridges of access that provide a path for the development and rise of Latino leaders and elevates their voices in areas where we are underrepresented. Our core values are trust, dedicated, excellence, service to comunidad and versatility. While Washington, D.C. serves as our headquarters, employees work in a virtual environment.
HAF’s flagship programs include its conservation program, the MANO Project, Hispanic Leadership Network and Latino Conservation Week. This programmatic team, along with the support of HAF’s inhouse communications team, will help advance the philanthropy growth and stewardship goals.
The Director of Philanthropy is a full-time, remotely-based position that reports to the Chief of Communications and Development. HAF seeks an experienced philanthropy professional with a passion for nonprofit excellence. The Director of Philanthropy will create, execute and evaluate all philanthropy strategies with a donor-centered philosophy to ensure a diverse and sustainable revenue portfolio to support HAF’s mission. The Director will also work closely with the President & CEO regarding the arrangement of donor meetings, activities and grants.
- Develop organization’s fundraising strategy in coordination with communications and programs that engages individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Develop fundraising processes that will be implemented organizationally
- Maintain a streamlined system for donor, foundation, corporate and potential donor records using in-depth understanding of databases, from the conceptual to the tactical.
- Donor identification, cultivation and solicitation
- Oversee individual, corporate and foundation prospect research
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them
- Arrange meetings and events to connect President and CEO to donors
- Responsible for grant/proposal development and coordinating contributions from other departments and staff
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising
- Must embrace the mission of Hispanic Access Foundation
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, an ability to listen to and balance, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to build a culture of philanthropy within an organization and to enthusiastically and successfully engage in one-on-one solicitation and ongoing donor stewardship.
- Comfort and facility with a wide range of philanthropic work, including solicitation and stewardship of individual, foundation and corporate donors, donors and potential donor cultivation and research, grant writing, and special events.
- A successful track record in executing on strategy, setting priorities, managing multiple projects and working effectively under pressure to achieve individual and organizational goals.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, reliable and flexible; thrives in a fast-paced environment; a driving force who manages toward clarity, finds solutions and is able to think strategically about the organization.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- Ability and willingness to work in a virtual environment
The location of this position is flexible, however, Washington DC metro area is preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $70,000 - 90,000 annually depending on qualifications and experience. Hispanic Access Foundation offers full-time employees a generous benefits package that includes health, and dental; generous paid vacation plus paid holidays, and a retirement plan with employer match.
HOW TO APPLY
Hispanic Access Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by law.