Grant Writer Consultant
Proposals are due on January 4, 2023
Founded in 2010, Hispanic Access Foundation is a 501(c)(3) national nonprofit organization that connects Latinos with partners and opportunities to improve lives and create an equitable society. We work in the areas of health outreach, financial literacy, workforce development, and environmental justice. Ultimately, we establish bridges for the development and rise of Latino leaders and elevate their voices in areas where they are underrepresented. Our core values are trust, dedication, excellence, service to nuestra comunidad and versatility. We deliver exceptional results with nimbleness and corazon.
Hispanic Access’ development team has a track record of winning federal grant applications across a number of agencies, including the Health Resources and Services Administration, the National Park Service, US Fish and Wildlife Service, USDA Forest Service, Environmental Protection Agency, and more. As the organization continues to grow, we seek to add capacity to our federal grants program and pursue more opportunities to partner with agencies who seek to resource Latino communities across the country.
By strategically stewarding the resources entrusted to us, our initiatives, programs and grassroots outreach efforts empower and inspire individuals to reach for a brighter future, for themselves, their families, and their communities. Together, we can help transform Latino lives.
The Grant Writing Consultant is a contract position to support in drafting and submitting foundation and governmental grants for Latino audiences in the areas of environmental justice, health, and more in Winter/Spring of 2023. While the position is temporary, exemplary execution of these projects could lead to additional opportunities to work with Hispanic Access.
- Lead the drafting of a variety of foundation and/or federal grants, including reviewing the RFPs and ensuring all instructions are followed, and drafting all sections of the narrative, appendices, and supporting documents.
- Work with Hispanic Access’ development, conservation, and health teams to ensure that the project design matches the RFP requirements and that all information needed for the grant is gathered. Plan, participate in, and/or lead team meetings as required.
- Complete grant application forms, including budget forms, on foundation websites and/or Grants.gov and ensure the applications are ready for submission before the due dates.
We encourage applicants with at least three of the following qualifications to apply:
- Exemplary grant writing skills, preferably with the ability to write both federal and foundation grants targeting Latino audiences across multiple sectors.
- Previous experience in drafting winning grants.
- Previous experience in reviewing foundation and federal RFPs.
- Previous experience in submitting grants through foundation websites and Grants.gov.
- Ability to work well with teams and to lead meetings.
Contingent on experience. Please note your hourly rate in your cover letter.
This position is remote, but the consultant must be able to work during a U.S. time zone and must be able to access the Grants.gov and foundation databases.
January 16, 2023
How to Apply
Hispanic Access Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by law.